Terms & Conditions
E&OE – Errors and Omissions Excepted. If a mistake has been made in an invoice through arithmetic or incorrect charge rate application we reserve the right to correct this and ask you to pay the difference. If we have over-charged you by mistake we undertake to correct the invoice and refund you the difference.
- A Registration Charge of GBP65 is payable once per course in addition to your weekly course and accommodation fees. This covers non-tuition items such as photocopied materials, refreshments, folder, paper and other expenses associated with your course.
- Course Deposit : You must pay a course deposit of GBP£300 at time of booking (deducted from your final balance payment).
- If your total invoice is GBP£300 or less you must pay the total at time of booking.
- You must pay the balance 3 weeks before your course begins.
- If your course begins in less than 3 weeks you must pay 100% in advance.
- If you need a visa to enter the UK you must pay 100% of your total fees in advance. If you do not receive your visa we will refund all of your money, less any bank and postal (DHL) charges.
- Currently there is no VAT tax on English language courses or accommodation, and Kingsway English Centre is therefore not registered for VAT tax.
Lessons & General
- English Lessons take place from 09h30 – 13h00 Monday to Friday. Rugby coaching takes place from 14h00 – 16h00 Monday to Friday.
- Social breaks take place from 11h00 – 11h30 daily.
- The minimum age of students is 13 years. The maximum is 25 years.
- Separate courses are run for 13-17 year olds and 18-25 year olds for safety reasons.
- Courses can begin most Mondays except for 2 weeks at Christmas when the school is closed and are subject to availability. Please contact us if you have a group of students wanting a course outside our scheduled dates.
- Insurance cover is provided for school premises and vehicles. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own insurance for your possessions, cancellation and medical expenses. Please see our section on cancellation charges below.
- If you choose to join the Social Programme evening activities which include a meal, we cannot give you any refund for homestay meals missed.
- Publicity Materials : Please be advised that during your stay you may be included in photographs which may be used in publicising the school either in brochures, on the website or in other media. If you do not want to be shown in any pictures please let us know on your first day at school. We will assume your consent unless you tell us otherwise.
- Student Behaviour : We expect all students to obey the rules of the school, obey the laws of the United Kingdom, to respect their fellow students and the staff, and to behave in an acceptable manner at all times. In the event of the failure in any of these areas we reserve the right to ask you to leave the school immediately. All fees will be forfeited and you will be liable yourself for any onward travel, accommodation and other costs.
- PLEASE NOTE : Students who have not paid before the start of their course will not be permitted to join their class until this has been received. Chasing unpaid invoices is very expensive and time consuming. We think you would prefer that we put our energy into giving you a great experience rather than chasing money for those services. We really enjoy giving you the service you have booked and we think it is fair that paying us on time is a reasonable request in return.
Public Holidays & Christmas 2018
- Open Public Holidays 2018 : On Friday 30th March (Good Friday), Monday 7th May (Early May Bank Holiday), and Monday 28th May (Spring Bank Holiday) the school will be open and there will be lessons as normal.
- Closed Public Holidays 2018 : On Monday 1st January (New Year’s Day), Monday 2nd April (Easter Monday) and Monday 27th August (Summer Bank Holiday) the school will be closed and there will be no lessons . For these 3 weeks we will make up the lost lesson hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There will be no reduction in tuition fees.
- Closed for Christmas 2018 : The school will be closed for 2 weeks from Saturday 22nd December 2018 to Sunday 6th January 2019 inclusive. No courses will be running. Courses will re-start on Monday 7th January 2019.
Cancellations / Changes
- Tuition Fees >> Before your course begins we will refund all of the money we have received from you less any expenses incurred by us. We always try to minimise these expenses, however we may need to make payments in compensation on your behalf, as well as paying for DHL courier and similar charges.
- Tuition Fees >> After your course has started we do not refund any money. In the case of your critical illness or a close family critical illness or death we will usually offer you a credit for any unused part of your course and accommodation to use at any time in the future. In this case any credit offered is at the discretion of the school. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation if you do not want to be subject to this condition.
- Accommodation >> Homestay : If you cancel your course 1 week or less before it starts we will automatically pay the homestay family one week in compensation
- Accommodation >> Change of Homestay : If you want to change homestay at any time after you arrive we require 1 whole week’s notice from the following weekend (or payment instead)
- Accommodation >> Hotel : if you want to change or cancel your hotel reservation the contract is between you and the hotel so you will have to observe the hotel’s cancellation policy.